Click here to download and print this 2-page document.
WHEN CAN I ENROL FOR 2024?
Enrolments for 2024 will commence at 10:00 AM sharp on Tuesday 5 December 2023. All enrolments will be completed online via U-MAS. Assistance will be available in The Hub (Room 63) for members without Internet access or who need assistance with online enrolment.
The U-MAS system, introduced in 2022, has provided an effective and efficient service for all members, and resulted in a greater level of control and privacy for every aspect of membership and course management at U3A Bentleigh.
Will there be problems? Certainly, as with any technology! But HelpDesk volunteers will do their best to make your experience as stress-free and enjoyable as possible. So, a little patience would be appreciated.
WHAT TO DO BEFORE ENROLMENT DAY
- Current member – please ensure you can log into your UMAS account. Select Existing Member Login from the LOGIN menu on the website. If you have forgotten or need to reset your password, see Help Guides.
- New member – you will be able to join and enrol once enrolments open. Select New Member Join from the LOGIN menu and follow the step-by-step instructions.
- Course Details and Enrolment Forms (by day or by category) are now available in Courses & Activities, including the Summer School timetable for 2024.
- You can print and fill in an Enrolment Form as a guide to help you or an assistant complete the online enrolment. If you have any difficulties, see Help Guides.
- A short U-MAS for Members video presentation is available here.
- ALL enrolments should be completed via U-MAS online by each individual member. There are only limited facilities for face-to-face assistance at the U3A campus.
- New members wishing to join and members who do not have Internet access are welcome to attend the U3A campus, where they will be assisted as per the Procedures section.
- If you know of any member requiring enrolment assistance and are able to help them, it would be very much appreciated as it reduces the workload on the small HelpDesk team.
- The most important first step for current members is the ability to log into their U-MAS account, so please see Help Guides if you need assistance.
- If you are in the category of a current member or a new joining member requiring assistance, you should come to the U3A campus.
- Current members MUST bring their name badge or know their member number. If you don’t know your login details, help will be available.
- Before arriving, make sure you have downloaded and printed the latest Course List (by day preferably) and the respective Enrolment Form (by day preferably), and selected your courses. Using the by day forms will reduce the likelihood of selecting courses running concurrently.
- If you arrive without these forms, you will need to purchase a copy from Reception.
- When you arrive, proceed towards Reception and obtain a ticket from the HelpDesk volunteer manning the ticketing table opposite Reception.
- You will be directed to the waiting room and then called into The Hub chronologically by ticket number.
- HelpDesk volunteers will log you in as an existing member using your Member Number, or will sign you up as a new member.
- They will then enrol you in your selected courses using the Enrolment Form you filled in.
- At the conclusion of the enrolment, two (2) invoices will be printed for you – one to keep.
- You can then proceed to the Treasurer who will be in The Hub and able to accept payment in cash, cheque or EFTPOS, and will keep the second invoice.
- Once payment has been completed, your membership is automatically renewed.
- Membership payments not received by Thu 25 Jan 2024 may result in those enrolments or waitlisted positions being cancelled and offered to other members.
- Course enrolment confirmations with new name badges will be available for pickup from Reception from Mon 15 Jan 2024 (start of Summer School).
- Confirmation letters not picked up by Thu 25 Jan2024 (end of Summer School) will be posted.
- Please refer to Help Guides on the website for further assistance.
Online Enrolments will continue over the Christmas break.
As set out in the above Procedures, course enrolment confirmations with new name badges will be available for pickup from Reception from Mon 15 Jan 2024 (start of Summer School).
Confirmation letters not picked up by Thu 25 Jan 2024 (end of Summer School) will be posted.
Current name badges MUST be worn at all times on campus, and are essential for entry to activities and classrooms.
YOU HAVE READ THE FAQs & QUICK GUIDES AND ARE STILL HAVING PROBLEMS
- Perhaps get a friend to help you; or
- Send a help request to: email@example.com with your full name, membership number (if known) and best contact number; or
- Ring the office on 9570 3929, provide the same details and book a help request callback.
One of our HelpDesk volunteers will contact you after Enrolment Day and provide assistance.