ESCAPE THE WINTER BLUES ON OUR FUN TOUR TO SOUTH AUSTRALIA
Sunday 28 August to Sunday 4 September 2022 (8 days / 7 nights)
Following our successful “Bright in Autumn Tour” with Designer Tours, the U3A Bentleigh Australia Travel Club has put together another great itinerary for an 8-day / 7-night tour of South Australia.
- “Spirit of Coorong” Cruise of the Murray mouth
- Victor Harbour with carriage ride to Granite Island
- Adelaide Hills with Hans Heysen Gallery and Lunch at the German Arms in Hahndorf
- Tour of Mannum, birthplace of the paddle steamers
- “Big Bend by Night“ sunset canapes at the Big Bend cliffs, shearing shed dinner and nocturnal wildlife tour in special vehicles
- Barossa Valley visiting Maggie Beers Farm Shop, Chocolate Company, Chateau Dorrien Winery and Herbig Tree
- Drive along the Coorong, Lake Albert, Robe, Beachport historic jetty to Mount Gambier
- Visit Blue Lake and the Umpherston Sink Hole
- “Shipwrecked” Sound and Light Show in Flagstaff Hill, Warrnambool
- Homeward journey along the Bay of Islands, Port Campbell, Timboon and Colac
The cost is $1,795.00 ppts (minimum 30 passengers), which includes travel in a comfortable coach, 7 nights motel accommodation (4 nights Mannum, 1 night Murray Bridge, 1 night Mt Gambier, 1 night Warrnambool), daily cooked breakfast, daily 2-course dinner, lunch in Hahndorf and most morning teas. Admission fees to the special highlights described above are also included.
Register your interest online here. Expressions of Interest close 12 July 2022.
Note: Passengers must be able to enter and exit the coach unaided, and handle their own luggage.
- The cost for twin-share of $1,795.00 per person is based on 30 passengers. Should we have less, the cost will increase, and at less than 20 passengers, the tour would have to be cancelled. At this stage we are fairly confident to have sufficient passengers.
- The single room supplement is $420.00.
- We will endeavour to find a person to share a room with you if you do not know anyone. However, single room rate applies if you have to occupy the room on your own. This also applies if the person you are booked to share with cancels his/her booking.
The tour operator is Designer Tours. U3A Bentleigh is only collecting the information, all payments will have to be made directly to the tour operator. A deposit of $400 will be required.